The founder of Bitcoin for Fairness (BFF), Anita Posch, together with Bitcoin for Fairness team in Zambia, successfully conducted a Bitcoin workshop for journalists in Lusaka, Zambia on October 7, 2022 at M’Kango Golfview Hotel.
The work of journalists is important in creating knowledge and opinion about Bitcoin. That’s why we thought it’s critical to share information about Bitcoin directly amongst them. – Anita Posch
There were four workshop facilitators and 10 journalists from both print and electronic media.
Below are the topics that were explored during the workshop:
- History of Money (Harrison from Kasama, Northern Zambia)
- What’s Blockchain (Emmanuel from Lusaka)
- What’s Bitcoin (Anita)
- Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency (Harrison)
- Installing a Bitcoin wallet and sending and receiving bitcoin (Anita)
- How to identify scams (Japhet from Lusaka)
- How to earn bitcoin (Anita)
BFF is a non-profit initiative raising knowledge and understanding of bitcoin for people in emerging countries and for disadvantaged people. The bitcoin workshop is part of its public bitcoin educational activities. The non profit was founded by be Anita Posch. She is a Bitcoin advocate, educator, podcaster, and the author of (L)earn Bitcoin – Become Financially Sovryn.
Read more about the workshop from Anita Posch’s Zambia diary.